It is very risky to move heavy furniture on your own without any clear idea about the safe moving of furniture in your house. One needs to avoid premature damage to the furniture of moving injuries while moving from one home to another. It is essential to be aware of major safety guidelines.
If the common-sense safety tips are disregarded while moving furniture, one could end up getting hurt. Many go into some assumption or misconception by carrying weight onto themselves while moving furniture in the wrong way. When there are expert agents from Removals & Storage Services, you need not take all the pain of furniture moving.
Moving heavy furniture is always a big job, whether you’re rearranging or relocating. Either you have to use simple techniques to move awkward and heavy items or consult professional furniture movers. One has to remember that, the furniture of any size should be moved by the head and not the back.
Safety Precautions When Moving Furniture:
- Disassemble: Furniture such as armchairs, sofas, desks, sofas, tables, wardrobes, dresses, king and queen-size beds, dressers can be disassembled. This can decrease your effort, on the day of moving and save a lot of space and time. As the furniture often have oversized dimensions, with awkward shape, weight and at time fragility can add to your tension on a moving day. Alternatively, you can take help of the furniture mover, to disassemble the furniture if you like to.
- Identify and Avoid Injuries: Safety is the foremost thing while moving furniture if you ignore to follow the basic safety moving and it may land you in pain. Take help of removals & storage services when you think it is beyond your capabilities.
- Team Up: Although you are confident about your abilities to move furniture, never try to make it without any others help. It is good to, share the burden with others around you while moving the oversized pieces of furniture. It has to be remembered that, house shifting is a team effort and needs a team effort. When it comes to moving heavy furniture, it could be very dangerous and may lead to disaster.
- Equipment: There are many smart equipment and utilities that came into the market for carrying heavy furniture. It is better to use those accessories to prevent any kind of damages, accidents or injury while on a move.
- Right Techniques: With proper lifting techniques one can stay always protected even while carrying the heaviest furniture. Professional furniture mover will make the work easier with their simple techniques. Attempts to replicate their actions, might not be fruitful for everyone, anyhow it can be done only after thorough observation. Although there are many activities such as bending, pulling, twisting, pushing and lifting, do not forget to use the right methods of doing it. You can take help of someone around you or the agents to move the furniture safely.
- Clothing and Footwear: It is one of the safety measures, that many would try to ignore in the wake of doing their work by own. A proper clothing and footwear can help you to stay on the safe side of the work. Whatever you wear, should protect you from any kind of injuries or any dust contamination. If you hire furniture movers, it is better to check if they are wearing the right clothing and footwear for the safety.
It is vital to keep in mind about the safety of yourself and the security of the furniture at the same time. Although time is a big reason here, safety comes always first and do not step back from taking anyone’s help.