Whether you are looking for a chain of eminent sobriety or a model so bling that you can be seen from space, come and discover everything you need to know to get off on the right foot. You can buy BRACELETS FOR MEN from online stores…..
HOW TO WEAR MEN’S NECKLACES
Table of Contents
Know the story you want to tell
Ask yourself how much you would like the necklace to draw attention to you. Do you dream of an incredibly thick gold chain or would you prefer a simple steel chainset with a cross-shaped pendant?
Know what you are going to wear with your necklace Will you be wearing it
over your shirt or underneath? Based on the answer to this question, you will be able to choose the ideal size and length. A necklace decorated with Thor’s hammer pendant can give your outfit some punch when worn over a simple t-shirt, while a 2mm gold-tone steel chain will look very stylish slipped discreetly under a button-down shirt.
Kurta for men
And if you are looking for something light, easy to wear all summer long, a waxed cotton necklace can accompany you both at the pool and for an evening cocktail.
GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES
Knowing What Color You Need and Matching Metals
From colorful pearl necklaces to silver and gold stainless steel, your necklace should match the other colors and metals that make up your attire. If you wear bracelets, rings, or a watch, keep everything perfectly consistent.
Knowing how much to wear
This goes back to point number 2. It is difficult to wear several necklaces under a shirt without their outline becoming apparent. But besides a shirt… do whatever you want.
To layer necklaces, choose 2 or 3 of different textures and lengths. Wearing 3 large golden chains will never be as elegant as 2 chains of different thickness matched with a pearl necklace made up of a few golden pearls, for a perfectly harmonious color reminder.
CHOOSE THE BEST SIZE AND LENGTH OF CHAIN
The average length of most men’s chains is 50cm. The chain then falls to the level of the collarbone between the two upper buttons of a shirt and can be worn inside or outside the shirt. If you wear a pendant, opt for a chain of 55 to 63 cm so that the pendant falls in the middle of your chest.
6 TYPES OF NECKLACES FOR MEN
Forget about costume jewelry or your grandmother’s pearl necklace. These days, men’s necklaces come in a wide range of styles to match your story.
- MILITARY PLATE NECKLACES
The widespread use of military plate necklaces dates back to the American Civil War and the two World Wars. These necklaces generally serve as identification in the event of injury or death. During World War II, the United States Army decided to display the religious preference of each person who wore them, using the letter P for Protestant, C for Catholic, or H for Jew.
- CHAIN LINKS
Most necklaces for men fall into this category. A chain is a set of rings, discs or beads that fit together. While this design may seem simple enough, there are countless variations and styles of chains to choose from … not to mention a wide array of different clasps. We advise you to choose a model equipped with a clasp that will support the weight of the chain and close easily (especially if you dress alone).
GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES
TYPES OF MESH CHAIN FOR MEN
- Classic Mesh Chain – The most popular type of necklace for men. It is created from oval mesh and looks like a real chain. Used on their own, these chains aren’t the sexiest necklaces on the market, but they’re perfect for hanging a cross, coin, or pendant.
- Curb Chain Necklace – Curb chain necklaces are made of links that interlock when laid out flat. You will often see these chunky chains paired with urban and streetwear looks. Cuban chains or Cuban link chains are popular variations of the curb chain necklace.
- Marine Chain Link – For all lovers of the sea, the Marine Chain is inspired by the anchor chains used on ships. Each oval mesh is crossed by a horizontal bar at its center. These links interlock like those of classic chain necklaces and rest like curb chains when laid out flat.
- Figaro chain link – With its roots in Italy, the Figaro chain takes its name from the main character in The Barber of Seville, a famous Italian opera. This necklace is special because of its oval and flat mesh pattern. Typically, this pattern consists of one wide stitch followed by 2-3 shorter stitches. The Figaro chain is a variant of the curb chain.
- Wheat Chain – In a Wheat type chain necklace, the oval links are braided together in the same direction making them look like spikes of wheat. These chains are often used with pendants.
- Ball Chain – Ball chain (bead chain) is most often used for military plate necklaces and key chains. It consists of mesh shaped balls connected to each other (with or without separator depending on the models
- Square Link Chain – Square link chains come in a wide range of sizes and are perfect for hanging pendants.
TYPES OF CHAIN CLASP | GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES | Buy Necklace For Men
- Spring ring – Spring clasps work by a spring mechanism. To use them, pull the small lever and slide the opposite end of the collar inside the ring. Release the lever to close.
- Lobster Clasp – Lobster clasps are spring-loaded clasps. They open and close easily with one hand. To open them, press their lever with your thumb. Release the lever to close them.
- Hook Clasps – Hook clasps consist of a metal hook located at one end of the necklace attached inside a ring located at the other end of the necklace.
GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES
- PENDANT NECKLACES
This is a catch-all term for all necklaces from which an object has been suspended – a pendant. Military plaque necklaces are therefore also considered pendant necklaces.
Stylist and professional makeup artist, Cianne Denize , suggests choosing a pendant that matches your personality. “You’re going to wrap it around your neck, so make sure you don’t just click on the first necklace you see. Will you wear it under your shirt and suit? Or on a t-shirt? The answer to this question will allow you to determine the ideal thickness of the pendant. If you walk into a room with a Thor’s hammer pendant around your neck… there’s a good chance you’ll pique my curiosity and I’ll come talk to you. ”
Different pendants have different meanings … which you will also evolve over your adventures and your personal history.
- Feather-shaped pendant necklaces symbolize freedom.
- The sea anchor pendant necklaces represent stability, security and hope.
- The Hamsa necklaces represent the hand of God in the Middle East.
- Ankh necklaces were symbols of the breath of life among the ancient Egyptians.
- Cross pendant necklaces have direct links to spirituality and Christian faith.
- Buddha shaped pendant necklaces are symbols of peace, good luck and longevity.
- Viking jewelry, like Thor’s hammer necklaces , has survived the centuries without ever going out of style. They have a legendary reputation for protecting those who wear them.
- RELIGIOUS NECKLACES
Religious necklaces for men are mostly pendant necklaces. But as this type of necklace has a very specific use, we preferred to separate it from the others. In the Jewish faith, necklaces are decorated with pendants representing the Evil Eye, the Khamsa or the Star of David. Islam, pendants representing the Quran and the name of Allah are very popular choices. Christianity you will find Christian cross necklaces for men, medallions representing saints and rosaries.
TYPES OF CROSS PENDANTS | GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES | Buy Necklace For Men
- Greek Cross – Another very popular cross shaped pendant with all sides of equal length.
- Crusader’s Cross – Also known as the Jerusalem Cross or Templar Cross, this pendant consists of a large cross decorated with smaller crosses at each end.
- Celtic Cross – Representing eternal life, this Irish cross is similar to a Latin cross that would have been decorated with a circle at its center.
- Cross of Saint – Also known as the Persian Cross, this cross dates back to one of the oldest Christian communities in the world – the Christians of Saint Thomas of India.
- PEARL NECKLACES
There is something about a pearl necklace that evokes fun, relaxation, freedom, and long yoga sessions. Or maybe it’s because most pearl necklaces are longer than average, giving them an intriguing bohemian touch. Whatever the reason, a pearl necklace will always attract attention. So get ready to tell your story.
- LEATHER NECKLACES
To wear a leather collar properly, match it with the other leathers in your outfit. While this isn’t a rule set in stone, try pairing it with your watch strap or leather belt for an outfit that’s polished down to the last detail.
If you don’t want to wear animal skin, buy cotton rope or vegan leather necklaces. Whatever your choice, this type of men’s necklace will add a casual touch to your outfit. Keep this in mind when shopping for a job interview, wedding, or formal event.
Unlike stainless steel necklaces, you shouldn’t shower with your leather collar on. Leather loses its natural oils when wet and can shrink and deteriorate as a result. Another major reason for not wearing your leather collar or leather bracelet in the shower is that it might get discolored.
GUIDE TO MEN’S NECKLACES
HOW TO CLEAN STAINLESS STEEL NECKLACES AND JEWELRY
- Pour a few drops of mild dish soap into a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Dip a soft, lint-free cloth in the water and rub the necklace (without its pendant) until clean.
- Rinse off the residual soap.
- Dry with a clean towel and then allow to air dry (or with a hair dryer).
- Use a polishing cloth for extra shine.
HOW TO CLEAN LEATHER NECKLACES AND BRACELETS
Do not immerse a leather collar in water as it may shrink and become discolored. Instead, use a slightly damp cloth with a drop of mild hand soap (no moisturizer) to gently clean the collar. Then wipe with a clean, slightly damp cloth and allow the leather collar to air dry before wearing.
HOW TO CLEAN PEARL AND STONE NECKLACES
Maintain your pearl necklace with a soft brush (eg an old toothbrush) and a bowl of lukewarm water. Add a drop or two of mild dish soap and, using the brush, gently rub the beads. Use a clean, damp towel to wipe off any residual soap and allow the collar to air dry.