With each invention, the inventors tend to make human life better, easier and faster. A pressure fryer is just another result of science and technology advancements that have made cooking very easy and fast.
Table of Contents
What is Pressure Frying?
The method of deep-frying under high pressure is generally referred to as pressure frying. This high pressure makes the whole process of frying trouble-free and effortless, taking a lot less time than deep-frying without pressure. The receptacle for pressure frying is known as a pressure fryer.
Why pressure frying?
Henny Penny pressure fryer has many advantages such as;
The same product, which takes 20 to 25 minutes in an open fryer, takes 5 to 6 minutes in a pressure fryer.
Less grease absorbance
When a product, let’s say, chicken is added in the hot oil in a pressure fryer basket, it is quickly sealed and the juice inside the chicken cannot escape, resulting in a more juicy resultant product. Also, the oil is unable to enter the chicken due to the already present inner juice. So a minimal amount of grease is absorbed and a more flavorful chicken is fried.
The products fried in a pressure fryer are much healthier as compared to the ones fried in an open fryer, due to the very less absorption of grease and oil.
How to use a Pressure Fryer?
Following are some steps that can be considered to use a pressure fryer correctly.
Adding the oil to the fryer basket
- Firstly, place the fryer basket in the cooking well.
- Now, the fryer basket needs to be filled with oil. You will see a hot level mark on the fryer basket. Fill the fryer basket with oil approximately half an inch below the hot level mark and close the fryer cover.
Heating the oil
- Now, place the cook filter switch in the cook position or if you are using smart touch control, switch the controller on and follow the prompts.
- Check the time and temperature displayed on the control panel to make sure it is correct for the item you are cooking.
- When the unit reaches the correct temperature as indicated by the heat on the indicator on the temp and time controller or the green screen on the smart touch controller, open the fryer cover, raise the basket and down by using the basket lifter handle, to agitate the oil. Continue this procedure about 6 times.
- When the unit reaches the set temperature again, it is ready to cook. When the oil is thoroughly and properly heated, it will reach the proper level for frying.
Adding the product to be fried
- With the basket fully lowered into the cooking well, use tongs to place let’s say chicken of a maximum of 14 pounds one piece at a time in a circular pattern. Load fresh chicken in this order; first breasts, then the thighs, then the legs, and finally the wings.
- While you are loading the chicken, lift the basket periodically allowing it to drift down to minimize the product sticking to the basket. Remove the basket lifter handle and close the fryer cover. Rotate the cover handle to the left as far as it will go and then close the pressure regulating valve by rotating the valve lever to the right.
Completion of the cooking cycle
When you hear the alert sound from the controller which signals the end of the cooking cycle, slowly open the pressure regulating valve and take the basket lifter out of the holder.
Unloading the product
- When the pressure gauge indicates that there is no pressure in the cooking well, push down to unlock the cover handle, rotate it to the right, and push the cover back.
- Using the basket lifter, agitate the basket to release any stuck chicken pieces, then lift them out of the oil. Lock the basket lifter handle into the basket channel and place it onto the rest peg.
- Allow the oil to drain from the chicken for at least 30 seconds and then dump the chicken gently onto a dump table with a draining rack and place the basket back into the fryer’s cooking well. Mouth-watering, scrumptious fried chicken is ready to be served!
Filtering is recommended after cooking five full loads, between rush periods, and always at the end of each day. This filtration process can extend the useful life of your oil.